Saturday, January 13 • 1-4pm
Free Family Activities
Mad Scientist Fire and Ice Show from 2-3pm
Sponsored by Friends of Sycamore Library
Ice Cream Sundaes and Hot Chocolate
Sponsored by Sycamore Lions Club
Jaybird Dog Training Demos at 1:30pm and 3pm
Fire truck and Snowplow Touch-a-Truck
City of Sycamore
And More…Fun activities with NIU Outdoor Adventures and Kids’ Area with Crafts
Community Chili Cook-Off
Sample a variety of chilies and vote for your favorite. Wash it down with winter ale from the concessions.
$10 Chili Tasting Ticket
Calling all local chili cooks!
We want to taste your chili! Each cook receives a commemorative magnet, 2 drink tickets, and the joy of sharing their favorite chili with neighbors and friends! A panel of judges will select a First, Second, and Third place winner. Other awards include People’s Choice and Most Festive Table.
For more information and to sign up, contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or register online here.
$25 Entry Fee
Chili Cook-off Guidelines
- Cooks must provide all items to heat and serve their chili (serving cups and spoons for the public will be provided by the Park District).
- Chili will be cooked off-site and chefs will provide their own warming system at the event (sterno, crockpot, propane camp stove, electric burner, etc.)
- Filler (corn, beans, rice, etc.) and all types of chili (hamburger, pork, chicken, vegetarian etc.) are welcome.
- Chefs must provide 100 2 oz. servings for the public to taste.
- Must be age 18+ to enter.
- Decorate your space and name your chili!