Northwestern Medicine Sled Hill
The sled hill will be open when two or more inches of snow fall and as long as there is no visible grass.
Due to variation in the landscape and hazards such as trees and a drainage ditch, the map below indicates sledable areas. Only sled in designated areas and in the appropriate direction.
Sled Hill Hours: 6am-9pm when conditions allow
- Use sled hill at your own risk.
- Users assume full responsibility for determining if the conditions are
safe for sledding.
- Park District may close hill if they consider snow insufficient for use.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for children – no supervision is provided.
- Use caution when sledding and be considerate of others.
- Sledding is permitted only in designated areas and on the side of the hill designated for sledding.
- Sledding is a hazardous activity and presents a substantial risk.
- Avoid sledding near marked hazards.
- Park District has priority of use if an event is planned for the sled hill.
- Wheelchair-accessible access to the hill is available during building hours. Users must abide by all track rules. Please check in with the Service Desk for staff assistance.
Fire Pit Rules
Fire Pit Hours: 6am-9pm
To operate: Turn the dial located inside the cover on the building wall by the breaker box.
- Use fire pit at your own risk.
- Users assume full responsibility for proper use of fire pit.
- All children must be supervised by an adult near and around the fire pit area.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for children – no supervision is provided by the Park District.
- Nothing should be placed on or thrown into or near the fire pit whether the unit is on or off.
- This area is under video surveillance.
- Fire pit is for warming only: Roasting of any food or other uses are prohibited.
First National Bank Amphitheater
Located at the base of the Northwestern Medicine Sled Hill and along the Community Center, this secluded space has seating and a fire pit. Enjoyed by all as a place to warm up during sledding season and a great spot for an intimate performance during the warmer months.