Honorary and Memorial Tree Donations
Make a lasting tribute to a person or event…
These living legacies provide a lifetime of remembrance for you and a gift to the whole community. Your contribution will be an important part of the natural landscape by adding beauty, providing a home for wildlife, and cleaning the air we breathe. Trees may be donated as a memorial or as a unique gift for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, or any other special occasion.
Your $250 Donation Includes:
- Cost of the tree
- Planting and establishment care
- A brass plaque with your engraved message displayed on the memorial tree display at the Golf Course Clubhouse
How to Donate:
To download and print a registration form, click here.
Then, mail or drop it off with payment ($250) to:
Attn: Memorial Trees
Sycamore Park District
480 Airport Road
Sycamore, IL 60178
The donor will be notified upon receipt of payment with a planting schedule and the species selected and again when the tree is planted.
- Donors may request a planting at any of the parks within the District (including the Golf Course and Sports Complex). However, the location of the planting and if there is a need at the requested site will be determined by Park District staff.
- All trees are planted in the spring or fall of each year, as staff time allows. Planting schedules may be affected by weather.
- Requests for certain tree species may be made by the donor. However, final determination will be made by Park District staff based on location and plant availability.
- Trees will be approximately 2½ inches in diameter at the base of the tree when they are planted.
- The $250 cost of a tree donation is subject to change.
- The donated tree becomes the property and responsibility of the Sycamore Park District. It will be maintained, pruned and, if necessary, removed or replaced. The District is not responsible for notifying the donor and/or honoree of the tree’s demise.
- Honorary and memorial trees have a five-year replacement guarantee. If a tree should die within five years of its original planting, a replacement tree will be planted during the next available planting season.