Park District Policies
Sycamore Park District Comprehensive Facility Rental Policies
Program Transfer and Refund Requests
- Transfers will be granted in the following cases:
- a. The transfer is requested no later than one week prior to the start of the program.
- b. There is space available in the program into which the registrant requests to be transferred.
- A refund request/cancellation form must be filled out and turned in no later than one week prior to the start of the program.
- Refunds or household credits are not given for classes missed/forgotten or for changes in personal schedules by the participant.
- After a program/event has started, a refund may be issued for medical or other circumstances (relocation, death in the family) as approved by the Superintendent of Recreation. Proof will be required in writing prior to the refund being issued. The refund will be prorated for the services used.
- a. Full refunds may be issued if your spot can be filled.
- b. Partial refunds will be granted if your spot cannot be filled (if trip tickets have been purchased, you are responsible for the cost of admission and transportation, if your spot
cannot be filled.)
- In the event program is canceled by the Park District, a refund will be made to all registrants. The Park District reserves the right to review and make the final decision on all refund
Rentals, Shelters, and Community Pool Cancellations must be made 30 days in advance in order to receive a 100 percent refund. Less than 30 days, no refunds will be given. Refunds are given on picnic shelters if park staff closes the area. Prorated refunds on pool rental are based on the amount of time used with a minimum charge of one hour. The staff determines pool closings.
Personal checks will be accepted in payment of membership, player, and program fees only. Checks returned for any reason will be assessed a $20 returned check fee. All returned checks not paid within 5 days are referred to the State’s Attorney for legal action. Park District privileges will be revoked until restitution is made.
The resident fee (RES) applies to anyone living within the Park District boundaries. People who live outside the boundaries pay the nonresident (NR) fee listed in the program descriptions.
The Sycamore Park District is an independent unit of local government as is the City of Sycamore, Sycamore schools, Sycamore Township, and Sycamore Library District. All have different corporate boundaries which define a resident and non-resident. A Sycamore mailing address does not guarantee you are a resident of the Park District. If you are uncertain whether you are a resident of the District (i.e., eligible to register for programs and facilities at resident rates), please first check your property tax bill or Voter’s Registration Card. For more information, contact the Administrative office at 815-895-3365 or stop in the Community Center.
Financial Assistance Scholarship Program
The Sycamore Park District believes that all Sycamore residents should have the opportunity to participate in recreation programs. The Financial Assistance Scholarship Program provides full or partial payment of the program registration fee for residents with financial hardships or temporary difficulties. To request a scholarship, complete the form available at the Administration Office, 480 Aiport Road, along with requested documentation of need. Applications will be individually reviewed by the Superintendent of Finance. Applicants will be notified of a decision within two weeks of submissions.
Photography/Social Media Policy
Please be aware that by registering for a program or class, participating in an activity, attending an event, or using District facilities or property, you authorize the District to use photos and video footage for promotional purposes in District publications, advertising, marketing materials, brochures, event flyers, social media (including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media sites operated by the District), and the District’s website without additional prior notice or permission and without any compensation to you. All photos and videos are property of the District. Photos and video of participants in programs or special events and users of District facilities or parks are used in publicizing and promoting the District. Staff does not use any identification in marketing materials. Please tell an instructor or the photographer if you do not want to be photographed or videotaped.
General Conduct Policy
Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. To make programs safe and enjoyable for everyone, the Sycamore Park District has developed these guidelines: Show respect to all participants Refrain from using foul language Refrain from causing bodily harm to yourself and others Refrain from damaging equipment, supplies, and facilities The Park District reserves the right to dismiss a participant for infraction of the conduct policy. Each situation will be evaluated on its own merit.
The Sycamore Park District will not discriminate against any eligible participant on the basis of a disabling condition. We invite any participant with a special need to contact our staff so that a smooth inclusion may occur. We provide additional services for people with disabilities through the Kishwaukee Special Recreation Association. For more information, call 815-758-6663.