Sycamore Park District is a local government agency providing recreational parks, facilities, and programming to district residents.
Mission Statement: Connecting Sycamore to Wellness, Nature, and Each Other
Vision Statement: To enhance the Sycamore community through wellness, recreation and greenspace, the Board and Staff take a responsive and inclusive approach to service, community relationships, and sustaining the Sycamore Park District legacy.
- We value Equity by recognizing and serving all groups in our community and continually seeking new ways to be inclusive and engage with diverse populations.
- We value Transparency through fiscal responsibility, equitable policies, and proactive communication.
- We value Sustainability and are committed to the conservation of Sycamore’s green space for recreation and the well-being of the community today and for future generations.
- We value Connections that stem from the relationships that begin and grow through the opportunities and partnerships we maintain.
Board of Commissioners
- Contact Information
- Meeting Information and Current Agendas
- Board Packet Archive
- Board Meeting Minutes Archive
- 2020 Executive Summary
- ADA Transition Plan
- Press Release: April 4, 2023 Consolidated Election
Park District Staff
- Contact Information
- Organizational Chart
- Employee Salaries and Benefits Archive
- IMRF Employer Cost and Participation Information
Lobbying Association Membership
- Illinois Association of Park Districts since 1932.
- National Recreation and Park Association since 2012.
- Sycamore Chamber of Commerce since 1960.
Open Bids, Requests for Proposals, and Requests for Qualifications
- Reston Pond OSLAD Development
- Notice to Bidders
- Addendum 1 5-15-23
- Addendum 2 5-22-23
- UPDATE 5/23/23: Bid Opening moved to Tuesday, May 30 at 11am
- Banking Services
- The Sycamore Park District is currently considering proposals for banking services. We invite you to provide an estimate of your services by March 21, including the requested information in the RFP document provided.
- Banking Services RFP
- Memorial Park OSLAD Development
- Re-Bidding Advertisement | posted: 4/21/21
- Advertisement posted: 4/1/21
- UPDATE 4/13/21: Bid Opening moved to Thursday, April 15 at 11am
- Bid awarded to William Charles Construction | posted: 6/14/21
Closed Bids, Requests for Qualifications, and Requests for Proposals
- Sycamore Golf Club Bridge #1
- To request bid documents, contact Jonelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bid Opening: March 29, 2022 | Date change addendum
- Bridge 1 Request for proposal was awarded to Martin & Company Excavating
- Brickville Road to Route 23 Trail Project
- Ranking of Firms Considered for Brickville to Route 23 Trail Phase II Engineering posted: 1/30/17
- Advertisement – RFQ for Brickville to Route 23 Trail Phase III Construction Engineering
- RFQ for Brickville to Route 23 Trail Phase III Construction Engineering
- Ranking of Firms Considered for Brickville to Route 23 Trail Phase III posted: 2/27/18
- Great Western Trail Expansion – Sycamore Forest Preserve to Old Mill Park
- Advertisement – Trail Project PHASE II & III (CE) Professional Services RFQ posted: 7/2/18
- Advertisement | Packet
- Selection and Ranking of Professional Services Firms: Trail Project Professional Services for Phase II & III (CE)
- Ovitz Park Playground Equipment Installation
- Sycamore Golf Club Bridge #4 Replacement
Contracts and Construction Plans
- Approved Vendor Contracts Archive
- Bid Results for Recreation Campus Project posted: 2-21-2017
- Founders Park Construction Schedule posted: 5-6-2021
Budget, Financial Audits, and Expenditures
- Annual Budget Archive
- Financial Audits Archive
- Individual Expenditures Archive (Paid Invoice Listing)
- Yearly Expenditures Summary Archive (Treasurer’s Report)
- Prevailing Wage Ordinance: Prevailing wage rates have been updated for DeKalb County since the adoption of this ordinance in June 2017. To see the most recent prevailing rates on the Illinois Department of Labor’s website, click here.
Taxes and Fees
Request Public Records
Under the Illinois Freedom of Information at (5 ILCS 140/1 et. Seq.) Records in possession of public agencies may be accessed by the public upon written request.
To request information not found on this website, download a FOIA request form, found here, and submit it to:
ATTN: FOIA Request
Freedom of Information Officer, Jonelle Bailey
Sycamore Park District
480 S.Airport Road
Sycamore, IL 60178
Or by email: Jonelleb@sycparks.org
The Illinois Freedom of Information Act requires agencies to respond in five business days after receipt of a request. A five-day extension is allowed with written notification to the requester. If the requested records are 50 pages or less, the pages will be copied in black and white on letter size paper and the requester will be contacted to arrange a pickup. If the documents are mailed, the postage must be reimbursed by the requested before the documents are sent. If the records exceed 50 pages, the requester will be informed of the duplication cost before being copied.