IMPORTANT INFO FOR OUR RESIDENTS: As you begin typing your house number, select your address from the list that appears to ensure you receive resident rates. PLEASE TYPE SLOWLY TO ALLOW THE LIST TIME TO GENERATE. No more annual renewal.
To register online, click here
For Complete Online Registration Instructions, click here.
Mail / Walk-In Registration
To download and print a form, click here. Mail or drop off registration form and payment to:
Sycamore Park District
480 Airport Road
Sycamore, IL 60178
- Advance registration is required for all programs.
- Registration will not be taken at program sites.
- Aquatics and golf programs may have special dates and procedures.
- The Park District reserves the right to cancel, postpone or combine classes or change instructors. If insufficient enrollment causes a class to be canceled, notification and refund will be given.
How to Register
- In-person or by mail – Complete a registration form and pay by cash, check or credit card at the Community Center, 480 Airport Road.
Advanced registration is required for all programs. Late Registration may not be prorated.
All programs have minimum and maximum enrollments. If the minimum enrollment is not met one week prior to the program date, the Park District may have to cancel, postpone or consolidate the program with another program. If the program is canceled by the Park District, a full refund will be issued.
Most classes need a set minimum number of participants to be able to run them. Please register at least a week before the start date. If the program registration does not meet the minimum established requirement, it will be canceled one week prior to the start of the activity. A Park District Service Specialist will contact you in the event the program is canceled.
Once the maximum enrollment is met for a program, a waiting list may be formed. No payment is required at time of placement on a program waitlist. A Park District Service Specialist will contact you should a space become available in the program. Full payment will be due upon accommodation into the program prior to participation.
Program Transfer and Refund Requests
- Transfers will be granted in the following cases:
- The transfer is requested no later than one week prior to the start of the program.
- There is space available in the program into which the registrant requests to be transferred.
- A refund request/cancellation form must be filled out and turned in no later than one week prior to the start of the program.
- Refunds or household credits are not given for classes missed/forgotten or for changes in personal schedules by the participant.
- After a program/event has started, a refund may be issued for medical or other circumstances (relocation, death in the family) as approved by the Superintendent of Recreation. Proof will be required in writing prior to the refund being issued. The refund will be prorated for the services used.
- Full refunds may be issued if your spot can be filled.
- Partial refunds will be granted if your spot cannot be filled (if trip tickets have been purchased, you are responsible for the cost of admission and transportation, if your spot cannot be filled.)
- In the event program is canceled by the Park District, a refund will be made to all registrants.
The Park District reserves the right to review and make the final decision on all refunds.
Refund Policy: Rentals, Shelters, and Community Pool
Cancellations must be made 30 days in advance in order to receive a 100 percent refund. Less than 30 days, no refunds will be given. Refunds are given on picnic shelters if park staff closes the area. Prorated refunds on pool rental are based on amount of time used with minimum charge of one hour. The staff determines pool closings.
Personal checks will be accepted in payment of membership, player, and program fees only. Checks returned for any reason will be assessed a $20 returned check fee. All returned checks not paid within 5 days are referred to the State’s Attorney for legal action. Park District privileges will be revoked, until restitution is made.
The Sycamore Park District will not discriminate against any eligible participant on the basis of a disabling condition. We invite any participant with a special need to contact our staff so that a smooth inclusion may occur. We provide additional services for people with disabilities through the Kishwaukee Special Recreation Association. For more information, call 815-758-6663.
The resident fee (RES) applies to anyone living within the Park District boundaries. People who live outside the boundaries pay the nonresident (NR) fee listed in the program descriptions.
The Sycamore Park District is an independent unit of local government as is the City of Sycamore, Sycamore schools, Sycamore Township and Sycamore Library District. All have different corporate boundaries which define a resident and non-resident.
A Sycamore mailing address does not guarantee you are a resident of the Park District. If you are uncertain whether you are a resident of the District (i.e., eligible to register for programs and facilities at resident rates), please first check your property tax bill or Voter’s Registration Card.
For more information, contact the Administrative office at 815-895-3365 or stop by the Community Center, 480 S. Airport Road.
Financial Assistance Scholarship Program
The Sycamore Park District believes that all Sycamore residents should have the opportunity to participate in recreation programs. The Financial Assistance Scholarship Program provides full or partial payment of the program registration fee for residents with financial hardships or temporary difficulties.
To request a scholarship, complete the form available at the Administration Office, 480 S. Airport Road, along with requested documentation of need. Applications will be individually reviewed by the Superintendent of Finance. Applicants will be notified of a decision within two weeks of submissions.
Photography/Social Media Policy
Please be aware that by registering for a program or class, participating in an activity, attending an event, or using District facilities or property, you authorize the District to use photos and video footage for promotional purposes in District publications, advertising, marketing materials, brochures, event flyers, social media (including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media sites operated by the District), and the District’s website without additional prior notice or permission and without any compensation to you. All photos and videos are property of the District.
Photos and video of participants in programs or special events and users of District facilities or parks are used in publicizing and promoting the District. Staff does not use any identification in marketing materials. Please tell an instructor or the photographer if you do not want to be photographed or videotaped.