Park Manager Emil Cassier held that position for 30 out of 33 years that the park was in existence up until this time.

He assumed the post in April, 1928, helped to increase the golf course from nine to an 18-hole course and was given much of the credit for the outstanding condition the park is in today.

Derived from columns from the Sycamore True Republican saved and recorded by the Joiner History Room and the minutes of the Board of Directors of the Sycamore Park District. Articles were condensed and rewritten by Dan Gustafson with the intent to keep them as factual as the original.